Finished 70.3 Miles of swimming, biking, and running in 6:16
May 02, 2013 // Category: Fun Side of Fitness
In a fitness company, you’re bound to be introduced to new diets. There’s gluten-free, grain-free, vegan, Atkins, primal, paleo and all-carb. No. All-carb only exists in my dreams. Here, we’ll attempt a clean recipe, low carbs. I found this recipe on MarksDailyApple.
Let’s start with the ingredients.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (15 ml)
- 1 1/2 pounds (680 g) beef tenderloin or sirloin, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices (6 mm) that are 2 to 3 inches in length (5 cm to 7.6 cm)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (30 m)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots (60 ml)
- 8 ounces cremini or white mushrooms, thinly sliced (230 g)
- 1 cup beef stock (250 ml)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (125 ml)
- 1 cup heavy cream (250 ml)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (15 ml)
- Chopped fresh parsley or dill for an optional garnish
November 20, 2012 // Category: Fitness Advisor
It might feel like you gain weight just thinking about the holidays, but don’t despair. The holidays don’t have to end up making you feel as big as Santa Claus. You can enjoy the turkey of Thanksgiving all the way to the champagne of New Year’s (and the holidays in between) by using these tips along the way.
Get your family moving. Weight is always an equation of calories in vs. calories out, so encourage your entire family to be active even in down times. Hop on the treadmill during your favorite holiday TV shows or movies. Park farther away at the stores, mall or post office and take the stairs with your packages. Better yet, get your workouts at the gym in early in the morning before you get derailed by holiday hoopla.
August 01, 2012 // Category: Fitness Community
Changing our eating habits can be a challenge for many of us, which is why I look for “swapportunities” at meal time. By getting creative and re-thinking classic recipes, you can make small steps to a healthier lifestyle. These are four of my favorite, but I hope you’ll share your own in the comments as well.