Top 10 Fitness Tweeters to Follow
April 23, 2013 / Category: Fitness Advisor
When it comes to connecting, Twitter is one of the fastest ways to share and receive information. In 140 characters you can connect with friends, experts, celebs and your favorite brands. In the health and fitness world, Twitter is a hot bed of great info and advice, but not all Tweeters are created equal. That's why we've compiled a list (that’s really just scratching the surface) of ten great accounts to follow:
1. @BornFitness - Adam Bornstein is the former editorial director of Livestrong.com and former fitness editor of Men’s Health. He tweets quick fitness advice, tips and articles and encourages his followers to ask questions so he can help them live healthy and strong.
2. @MyTrainerBob – Bob Harper of The Biggest Loser, is a New York Times best-selling author who will hold you accountable by calling you out on your excuses and procrastination. He tweets the hard truth, encouragement and video workouts you can do at home or at the gym.
3. @ChrisFreytag – Chris Freytag is an author, trainer, health coach and a contributing fitness editor for Prevention magazine. Follow Chris for supportive coaching, healthy recipes, intense workouts and all-around inspiration for life.
4. @Greatist – With articles and infographics that inform you on everything from proper exercise form to the best proteins to eat, Greatist tweets fitness information that will rapidly increase your knowledge on how to live a healthy life.
5. @AceFitness – At the American Council on Exercise, passionate fitness professionals put together scientific research and pass it along to you. Find out why kettlebells work or why you could have more fitness success when you set specific goals.
6. @MindBodyGreen – Don’t you love it when life just clicks? MindBodyGreen brings it all together in one place—quick healthy tip lists, articles on how to live a positive life, being green and finding happiness. Follow immediately for a pick me up. They make wellness fun.
7. @KellyOlexa – As the founder of #FitFluential, a nationwide network of influential bloggers, vloggers and influencers in the health and wellness space, Kelly is an aggregator of some of the best fitness and health content on the web.
8. @Runtastic – The Austrian app company has great advice for runners and cyclists alike. Follow them for updates on the latest in fitness technology and workout video tips from the Runtastic fitness ambassadors.
9. @FitBottomedGirl -These ladies keep it real with female-focused fitness and health topics. They discuss food, trends and post product reviews all with a touch of humor.
10. @TheCoachNicole – Follow this 2012 Personal Trainer to Watch, SparkPeople blogger and home exercise video star for workout videos, technique tips and always-positive motivation.
And of course, we hope you'll follow us (@LifeFitness) as well for weekly Fit Tips, industry news and the latest in fitness trends.