October 10, 2012
SCHILLER PARK, Ill., October 10, 2012 – Life Fitness, the global leader in commercial fitness equipment manufacturing, continues to improve its online technology with LFconnect, a complimentary cloud-based computing resource that enables seamless exerciser workout- and product-personalization, as well as product display customization for facilities, and asset management capabilities to build a stronger facility brand experience. In addition to allowing exercisers to track their workout progress and choose equipment settings, LFconnect helps facilities track equipment activity.
Now compatible with the new Elevation™ Series Discover™ Tablet Consoles, LFconnect links the equipment, end-user and facility, syncing the exercise equipment with multiple devices including personal computers, smartphones and tablets. The LFconnect.com website, which serves as the hub, gives facilities and exercisers access to the most complete, and most personal, Discover cardio experience.
“LFconnect enables both facilities and exercisers to tailor the equipment experience to suit their needs,”
said Dan Wille, vice president of global marketing and product development for Life Fitness. “By providing a cloud-solution accessible from multiple devices, users can preset their preferences while on the go and facilities can extend their brand experience and preferences to the product itself.”
LFconnect Exerciser Key Feature
- Website access for user workout creation, equipment presets and tracking , as well as entertainment preferences which sync with exercise equipment upon user log in
- Complimentary access to LFconnect account preferences on Discover SE and SI with a smartphone, PIN, USB drive or RFID, and on-the-go via website or app
- Seventeen statistics, editable through a personal profile, to see on the equipment display, such as calories, pace, time remaining or heart rate
- Ability to see and share workout information with personal exercise community and social media networks like Facebook
- Online bookmarking capabilities to save most visited websites, read the latest news or check email on the product
LFconnect Facility Key Features:
- Customizable background image, logo and messages on Discover Tablet Console—add greetings, facility news, events, classes or member incentives
- Dashboard that provides a custom workout creation tool , features adjustable internet and tv preferences, and lets facilities bookmark favorite websites and channels for quick exerciser access on the product
- Easy-to-navigate product usage data and automatic or scheduled online software upgrades provide more efficient equipment maintenance
- Visibility into peak exercise times and the most popular machines in the facility. Filter reports by time of day, day of week, equipment type or facility location
LFconnect will be available to exercisers and customers in November, 2012. Learn more about LFconnect.
About Life Fitness
Life Fitness is the global leader in commercial fitness equipment, as well as game tables and furnishings. The company manufactures and sells its well-known strength and cardiovascular equipment under its Life Fitness and Hammer Strength brands. It also offers billiards tables, accessories and game room furniture under the iconic Brunswick Billiards brand. Life Fitness, Hammer Strength and Brunswick Billiards equipment is distributed to more than 120 countries. Headquartered outside Chicago, in Rosemont, Ill., the company is a division of Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC).