March 13, 2014
New Life Fitness Functional Training System Engineered for Outdoor Use, Popular Exercise Trends
ROSEMONT, Ill., March 13, 2014 – Life Fitness, the global leader in commercial fitness equipment manufacturing, is opening up group fitness with the introduction of SYNRGY BlueSky. An extension of the groundbreaking SYNRGY360, SYNRGY BlueSky is Life Fitness’ first small group training system designed specifically for outdoor use. SYNRGY BlueSky offers twelve body weight training stations to create a fun, supportive and inviting workout environment for exercisers of all abilities.
SYNRGY BlueSky combines the benefits of outdoor exercise – which is proven to enhance an exerciser’s mood and energy – with one of the industry’s top trends, small group training. Ranked as a top 10 fitness trend by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) for the past two years, small group training continues to gain popularity among fitness professionals and exercisers as a workout that encourages camaraderie, accountability and intensity, while still allowing trainers to offer individualized attention for continuous learning and progression.
“Across the globe, health clubs are designing innovative small group training programs using our SYNRGY360 system,” said John Cassidy, Commercial Strength Product Manager. “With SYNRGY BlueSky, facilities can now bring those training programs outdoors with a product that is engineered to meet outdoor safety standards, withstand harsh weather conditions and provide a wide range of customizable configurations to fit a variety of spaces and exercisers.”
SYNRGY BlueSky provides facilities with limitless options for designing an engaging outdoor exercise space. Key customizable product features include:
- Exercise Options: 12 stations and connectors include a press, row, step up platforms, dip/leg raise, ab crunch station, pull-up, short and long cargo nets, arc ladder, high rings, monkey bars and an arc traverse.
- Scalable Design: Each exercise can be scaled to meet the user’s individual fitness level, making SYNRGY BlueSky the ideal training tool for beginners to advanced exercisers.
- Flexible Configurations: Stations can be used separately in a circuit, or combined with various connectors to create more consolidated and efficient training spaces.
- LFcodes: A QR code on each station gives users immediate access to exercise tutorials through the Life Fitness LFconnect mobile app.
- Color Options: Twelve color options allow facilities to customize the equipment to match their design preferences and enhance aesthetics.
“Outdoor training is in demand with exercisers, and the stations and connectors on SYNRGY BlueSky empower trainers to create fun, energetic classes that can incorporate circuits and interval training,” said Deborah McConnell, Global Master Trainer for Life Fitness. “This versatility keeps exercisers engaged and allows for easy modifications to fit varying abilities.”
SYNRGY BlueSky will be featured at IHRSA, March 13-14, 2014, at the Life Fitness booth 1615. For more information about the show, visit go.lifefitness.com/ihrsa-home. For more information on Life Fitness visit LifeFitness.com.
About Life Fitness
Life Fitness is the global leader in commercial fitness equipment, as well as game tables and furnishings. The company manufactures and sells its well-known strength and cardiovascular equipment under its Life Fitness and Hammer Strength brands. It also offers billiards tables, accessories and game room furniture under the iconic Brunswick Billiards brand. Life Fitness, Hammer Strength and Brunswick Billiards equipment is distributed to more than 120 countries. Headquartered outside Chicago, in Rosemont, Ill., the company is a division of Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC).